vrijdag 21 oktober 2016

A Sacred Vow - Willa Thorne

Publisher: Willa Thorne,
Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA)

Published: October 2016

ISBN: 9781537593470

I swore a solemn oath that saw to the end of the Cormacs, a family of hunters that persistently sought to rid my coven’s existence.


For years we have lived in the shadows, free from hunters and the weapons of wood that could destroy us.


But the familiar scent of Cormac blood is awakening my senses. We were certain that we had ended the bloodline. Now, the vow I swore plagues my mind. The guilt I harbour buries deep. The desire and lust burns.


My pledge to my family is now a promise to protect the woman I love.

Aurelia Galligan is a descendant of the Cormac bloodline. I should drain her. I have to destroy her. But she may just end me.

**This is a forbidden romance between the hunter and the hunted. It features the smoldering British vampire, Julian Devereux. The content is not suitable for readers under the age of 18.**

My review
First of all, I have to confess: yes, I really like vampires. The old fashion guys, who open the door for you, take you by the arm and take out your seat. Yep, I like them. And okay, so they need to bite your neck and get some blood. Minor detail, when you can live forever. So, when I saw A Sacred Vow on Netgalley, I just had to request this novel from Willa Thorne. 
Julian Devereux is exactly the gentleman. Swoon-worthy, hot and sexy. No wonder Aurelia gets her panties all wet. But here's the catch: Aurelia is a Cormac and the Cormacs have been sworn enemies of the Devereux clan. So, basically this is Romeo and Juliet all over again: who should side with whom? Julian thinks he can postpone the unevitable by not telling Aurelia who and what he is. But of course, she will find out and then all hell breaks loose. Can they overcome the obstacles and be happy ever after (of course for a vampire, there is a lot ever after. Like forever...)? 
I'm not going to spoil the story, but in all it is a very easy read. Through flashbacks Willa takes you back in time, to explain how Julian became a vampire and why the relationship between Julian and Nolan is strained. Willa has done an excellent job in describing the characters. I really, really disliked Nolan, but in the end he kind of grew on me. Who knew? Even a bitter and sarcastic vampire can do that to you...
In all, four out of five stars for me. The story was a little bit to predictable, but in all a recommendable read for the vampire fans out there.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten